John Davison Rockefeller was co-founder of Standard Oil Company and the founder of both the University of Chicago and Rockefeller University. It is hard to believe that this business magnate worked three months for $50 when he was 16 years old. He was working for a salary of around 50 cents per day!
But what made him successful was his hunger for success and his hard working attitude.
These are 7 of his best and most inspiring quotes:
1. “If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.”
Most people choose to follow others. It might help you get what you want, but there might be more people going the same way. If you want to succeed you need to find your own path.
2. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”
Sometimes we have something good and we are happy with it. But every once in a while we should look around and see if we can change it for something better.
3. “I have ways of making money that you know nothing of.”
Don’t share everything you know. This business magnate didn’t share everything he was doing. In fact, he claimed that he had other ways of making money that we do not know about. So, think of something new, don’t share it with a lot of people…and make sure it is legal!
4. “I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.”
When there is disaster you shouldn’t cry. It happened already. Take a look around and see if there is any opportunity around.
5. “If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it.”
You should not tie your goal to becoming rich. There is no definition for being rich. If you want to become rich, you will become greedy.
6. “Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people.”
For example, if you have a company, you should not sit on a chair and order people. Instead you should show the average people how to do the work of superior people. If you do that, they will be inspired and more motivated to work.
7. “The most important thing for a young man is to establish a credit…a reputation, character.”
This American business magnate was working for around 50 cents each day! He had a reputation of an honest person and a hard worker.
If he was dishonest and lazy, nobody would have wanted to start a business with him. But he knew that building reputation and good character was the most important thing for him and that is why he became one of the richest men of the 20th century.
Which quote do you find most inspiring? Tweet us at @Attitude4Invtn and share!