Michael Jordan is definitely one of the most popular athletes of the world. He is one of the greatest basketball players all-time winning five MVP awards, 10 All-NBA First Team designations, 14 NBA All-Star Game appearances, 3 All-Star Game MVP Awards, 9 All-Defensive First Team honors, 6 NBA Finals MVP Awards, 1988 NBA Defensive Player of the Year award and many, many others.
What made him so successful? Well, he was a person who knew what to do in order to become the best. Here are some of his famous sayings on success:
1. I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
If you want to be successful you have to be brave. Michael Jordan took the winning shot and missed many times, but the very next game he would take the last shot again, and again and again.
That is what born winners do. They step up when things get hard, they do what everyone else is afraid to do. Courage is very, very important if you want to become successful.
2. If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
The road to success is not easy. It is a very hard road where you will meet lots of people and things that will do something to stop you from getting to the point you want to be. But you should not give up. Figure out how to climb the road, go through it or work around it. Do everything you can and prove them how good you are.
3. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.
Quitters never win and winners never quit. Everyone experiences failure at some point of life, but if you want to be successful you have to try, and try and try, until you achieve your goal. If you try, you have nothing to lose. If you don’t try, you might end up wondering what would’ve happened to your whole life, and you don’t want that.
4. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
Words and thoughts are worthless without action. You can have the best idea, you can be the best athlete, but if you don’t do anything about it, its worthless. Action is the real measure of intelligence, action speaks louder than words and thoughts. If you want to be successful, take actions and make it happen.
5. Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
Michael Jordan become the best because he was doing what he loves and he loved what he was doing. Don’t do something you don’t love. Find something you love and something you are good at, and become the best. Enjoy everything you do and enjoy life.
6. I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.
Winning is not something you do every now and then. If you want to be the best, you have to win all the time. You have to give your best regardless of the circumstances. Successful people don’t dream about winning and being the best, they turn winning into a habit.
7. You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.
If you believe someone is better than you, then you will never be better than that person. If you want to be successful you need to believe in yourself and expect great things of yourself. If you want to be the best, expect to become the best and work as hard as you can to achieve that. Michael Jordan had talent, but he believed that he could become the best, and he achieved that by working as hard as possible.
So, if you want to be successful, find something you are good at and you love, be brave and work as hard as you can to become the best, and never, never give up. Believe you can do it and you are halfway there.
What do you love most about MJ? Share with us on Twitter by tweeting @Attitude4Invtn!