“A picture can tell a thousand words, but a few words can change its story.”
The power of words, a single sentence can ruin someone’s life, so what can it do to improve one’s life? We all need a pick me up beyond the morning coffee, and the umpteen ones after that.
Words can move you to make change, and they can inspire you to inspire others. Like a virus, it’s beautiful in its own simplicity – but complex in its far reaching effects on the human condition. You can quote me on that. 😉
Here are 7 change inspiring sentences that mean something to me, and that I feel you might also find special:
1. “You learn more from failure than from success; don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.”
This is just as true for general life as it is for work, business and family. Never let it stop you, one simply learns from each mistake and builds upon it for a better future.
2. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
I’m not a fangirl, I’ve used the iPhone and loved it, I’ve used Windows Phone 8 and loved its fresh take on the phone OS, but I settled on Android. Just because. I won’t lie though, I do miss the iPhone sometimes but I don’t pine about what phone I use… just do what you want, follow your heart. This inspiring quote can be applied to the person who feels they have to accept mediocrity.
3. “The most dangerous risk of all – The risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later”
Do what you want, honestly. Life is fleeting, follow your heart. If your young and reading this then take note – if you’re old then you know exactly how much this should mean to everybody.
4. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
This. A thousand times this. Apply this to your work life and you are bound to succeed in every aspect of it. Maybe not so much outside of work, because real human life needs some margin for error. But work? Bring it.
5. “Everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something”
It reminds me of the fragile nature of our lives. In the end – we are just human. Learn to let go of things, forgive, enjoy your solitude…
6. “I like thinking big. If you’re going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.”
Shoot for the sky baby! When you here famous people say things like this, it’s not just to sound good. It’s the truth; you design your own reality. Money is an obstacle…sure, but this is life – figuring it out is the fun part!
7. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”
I thought I’d finish with this one. I believe this one to the core, it’s the primary way I try to live my life. Happiness is a way of travel – a single statement that means so very much. My way of travel usually consists of trying to help others as much as I can, and it’s a beautiful way to travel if you ask me.
As an active social entrepreneur and founder of design firm Wasp Tech Studio, Sky is out to disrupt the industry, being a good-natured trouble maker. The single mother juggles working as a professional Chef by day and following her entrepreneurial dreams, blogging about them on her site xoxoentrepreneur.com. Key personality aspects are a tenacity for creating change and building on her empire, whilst helping others around her do the very same.
Which sentence do you feel is most inspiring? Share with us on Twitter @Attitude4Invtn!