When it comes to setting a goal or identifying a vision, most people get stuck. We get stuck because we were never taught or told that we should really think about what we want out of this thing called life or what we want to accomplish in our lives.
Did you know only 8% of people actually achieve their goals? So it is really important that you sit and be creative and really think about what you want for your life.
Setting a vision or a goal for yourself is like narrating a novel or story of your life. What do you want people to say about you at your funeral? What will your story be?
Will it be a story of defeats, trying new things, taking risks, falling down and winning at the end of the day. Or will it be a story of giving up? There are lots of graves in graveyards, but there are millions of dreams and purposes that lie dead in those graves as well.
Now; below I have listed 20 questions that you can make use of to help you find a vision, a purpose or a goal:
1. If you were to FULLY live your life, what is the first change you would start to make?
2. What areas of your life could be upgraded/changed?
3. What could you work on now that would make the biggest difference to your life?
4. How would you feel about doubling that goal?
5. What are you tolerating/putting up with?
6. What do you want MORE of in your life? (Make a list)
7. What do you want LESS of in your life? (Make a list)
8. What are the three things you are doing regularly that don’t serve or support you?
9. What would be the biggest impact from achieving your goals?
10. How could you make this goal more specific and achievable?
11. What would you try now if you knew you could not fail?
12. How can we create something you’re aiming towards, rather than something you’re trying to move away from?
13. What do you love?
14. What do you hate?
15. What is the one thing you would love to do before you die?
16. Is now the right time for you to make a commitment to achieving these goals?
17. What could you work on right now that would really put a smile on your face?
18. For your life to be perfect, what would have to change?
19. What do you really, really want?
20. What’s one change you could make to your lifestyle that would give you more peace?
I urge you to consider where you are going with your life and what you want to do with it or accomplish with it. Like Steve jobs said – you mustn’t live someone else’s goals or dreams, you have to focus on your own. So don’t delay, putting off the dreams in your heart, go out there and get working on your dreams!
Photo Cred: GIB-Foundation.org