Anthony “Tony” Robbins is an American life coach who became popular through his self-help books. His work has been featured in Newsweek, Fortune, Forbes and many other major media publications. His best-selling books are Unlimited Power and Awaken the Giant Within.
His goal is to challenge people to take action instead of doing nothing and to motivate people and help them get the most of their lives.
He’s influenced and helped many people worldwide. Here are some of his favorite quotes you may may recognize:
1. You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.
Knowledge is useless if you don’t use it. If you are good at something, and you don’t do anything about it, then you are not good at it. Take action and use your knowledge.
2. Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, and be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process.
Live your life to the fullest. Experience everything whenever you can. You never know what might happen tomorrow. Just have fun and do everything you want to do. Because if you don’t enjoy your life, you are not living it.
3. Every problem is a gift – without problems we would not grow.
If you have a problem, don’t cry about it. Instead, think of it as a challenge and solve it. Every single person in the world has problems. The difference is how you handle it. Face it and solve it.
4. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
You won’t get different results by doing the same thing over and over again. Do something new. Don’t be afraid of changes.
5. Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear.
If you really want something, you should do your best to get it. If you want to be somewhere, do your best to get there. Ignore the fears. Ignore everything that might stop you from getting there. Focus on where you want to go, and do your best to get there. Instead of searching for a reason why you can’t do something, search for a way to do it.
6. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
You should always have a goal. Life without a goal is meaningless. Have a goal for today, make a goal for tomorrow, and make one for the day after. Always have a goal, and do your best to achieve it.
7. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If there is something you don’t know, ask! It is fine if you don’t know, but it is not if you don’t ask.
8. The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.
Don’t let the pain and pleasure control your life. You are the one who should control your life. Control your feelings, control your life.
9. Demand more from yourself than anyone else could ever expect.
Set big goals! Demand and expect a lot more from yourself than anyone else could ever expect. Challenge yourself and become a better person than you were the day before.
10. If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.
It doesn’t matter if you are football player, basketball player, or investor. When it comes to becoming successful, it is difficult for everyone. But what you can do to become better is find someone who has achieved the results you want to, and take a look at that person as example. Copy what they have done, copy what they do, and you’re halfway to achieving your dreams.
Which Tony Robbins quote do you find the most motivating? Tweet it so it can motivate others and tag us at @Attitude4Invtn!